When a school or district is initially created in ESGI, the default Marking Period Type is semesters and the semester dates are populated with default dates for the school year. If Grading Ranges have not been set up by anyone at the school or district, a teacher can change the Marking Period Type and Marking Period Dates. Different grading ranges can be created for the different marking periods. This Support Page provides step-by-step instructions on creating different grading ranges; a video is also included at the bottom of this page.
1. Click "Class Grade Report"
2. Using the drop down arrow, select a Subject Tab. The tests on that Subject Tab will display. Click the "pencil" icon next to the test.
3. Select “# Custom Range”, then click the radio button for “Different Per Marking Period”.
4. The dates for each of your marking periods will be displayed. Enter the grading ranges for each marking period. When you are done, click “OK”.
5. The first screen will display. Click "Run Report" to view changes.
6. A different Grading Range is used for each Marking Period: