Teachers can add students to their class, but how they are added depends if they were previously assessed in ESGI.
- Students that have been assessed in ESGI by another teacher or in a Pre-Assess Account should be added to a class using Student Manager. Manually adding a student that exists in Student Manager will create a duplicate.
- New students should be added on the Home Screen by clicking the “+” button in the All Students section on the left.
- If the "+" and "Student Manager" buttons are missing, your district is importing student information, and students can only be added via the import files. If you think this is an error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist.
Step-by-step instructions can be found below the video:
1. Click the "+" button:
2. Enter the student's information then click "Save". To add additional students, click "Save and Add Another".
3. If the student already exists in ESGI, you will receive the following message with two options:
Option 1: Create the student record anyway. This will create another duplicate record for that student and you will not have any previous data that may have been collected.
Option 2: View the Student(s) in Student Manager. You can click this option to see when the student was created in ESGI and if the student is already assigned to another teacher class. If they are not in a class, you can add the existing student record to your class list. See the Student Manager support page for instructions.