Flashcards provide the student and/or parent with the items that the student missed on an assessment so that they can practice at home. The flashcards can be printed for one individual student or for the entire class. A full set of flashcards may also be printed so that students can practice every item on an assessment whether they got it correct, incorrect or it was not given during testing.
Some key points:
- Flashcards do not print for Single Score tests.
- Items display in alphabetical order, not in the order they were tested.
- To save paper, flashcards can print six, nine or twelve on a page.
Step-by-step instructions for the following bulleted items can be found below the video.
- Printing Flashcards at the End of the Test
- Printing Flashcards for the Entire Class or One Student
Printing Flashcards at the End of the Test
On the last screen of a test administration, before clicking Close, click on "Flashcards" to immediately print a set of flashcards of the incorrect answers.
Printing Flashcards for the Entire Class or One Student
1. Click on a student's name, select a Subject Tab, and click "Flashcards":
2. Choose the desired settings. By default, the print out will include only those items that were incorrect. If "Incorrect & Skipped" is selected, then all incorrect and skipped/not tested questions will be included. If "Full Set" is selected, a complete set of all test questions will print without student names. Select the number of flashcards to print on a page.
3. In the Test Table, select the Number of incorrect items to print:
- Questions that were skipped and/or not given during testing are separated from the incorrect answers, however are still counted as incorrect. To not include the "Skipped Questions", check "Incorrect Only".
- The number of incorrect items to print can be "All" or only a certain number. Deselect "All" and enter the desired number to print.
- Once a Subject Tab is selected, all tests on that tab will display. To not include a test on the Flashcards, uncheck the box.
4. Use the drop down menus to switch to a different class (if applicable), student, All students, or subject tab:
"Choose Session" Option Details
When Choose Session is checked, a new column, "View Session date as of" will appear.
There are two options for selecting a test session date:
- Select a specific date using the calendar picker. The report will run with the latest test session on or prior to that date. If there are no prior test sessions, the test will not appear on the report for that student.
- Select a Marking Period. The report will run using the last date of the selected marking period. The actual date will be visible.
The test session/marking period dates are globally applied to all tests with a checkbox to the left of the test name, but can be customized for each test.
5. Click "View Flashcards":
6. Click "Download" to save or print the file. If “All Students” was selected in the Flashcard Settings, there will be the option to select “One PDF File” (a single file that contains all students) or “ZIP” (a zipped folder that contains individual files for each student):
7. At the top of each page, the date, subject, teacher name, class name and student name will display in the heading. On each flash card, the student name, date, test name, and incorrect and/or skipped questions will print: