In a District Admin Account, subject tabs can be created that will appear as purple tabs on the Home Screen of every teacher in your district. The District Admin adds specific tests to the tabs so every teacher is administering the same tests to all students in the district. District Managed subject tabs can be added from the Home Screen or Test Explorer. Below the video are step-by-step instructions.
Creating District Managed Subject Tabs from the Home Screen
1. Click "Add, Edit, and Organize Subjects"
2. Click Create New Subject at the bottom of the screen.
3. Customize the Subject Tab with desired options* then click “SAVE”:
Off: The tab is not published
Indefinitely: Will stay published until turned off
School Year: Will stay published until the end of the Global School Year
Marking Period: Ability to publish for a single marking period or multiple
Custom Date Range: Publish for a desired range
4. Click the “+” sign to the left of Add Test:
5. Search for tests by searching in the “Enter test name or author” field, or use the drop down arrow to Filter by Test Type and/or Content Area.
6. Check the box to the left of the tests that you want to be in the subject tab, and then click “DONE”.
7. After adding the tests to the subject tab, the “My Subjects and Tests” screen will display.
Click the Eye Icon to hide the subject tab. The subject tab can only be hidden if it is not published.
Click the Pencil Icon to make any further changes to the subject tab settings.
Click the Trash Can to delete the subject tab.
To ensure teachers see the purple District Managed Subject Tab on their Home Screen:
- Be sure they have students in their Class List
- Be sure the students in their Class List have the same grade level as you selected for the subject tab (see #3 above)
- Be sure the Subject Tab is published (see #3 above)
Creating District Managed Subject Tabs from Test Explorer
1. Click Test Explorer at the top of the Home Screen.
2. Click “Manage Subjects” on the right side, under the “Subjects & Tests”.
3. Follow steps 2-8 under Creating District Managed Subject Tabs from the Home Screen above.