In a District Admin Account, subject tabs can be created that will appear as purple tabs on the Home Screen of every teacher in your district. The District Admin adds specific tests to the tabs so every teacher is administering the same tests to all students in the district. District Managed subject tabs can be added from the Home Screen or Test Explorer. Below the video are step-by-step instructions.
Creating District Managed Subject Tabs from the Data Screen
1. Click "Manage Tabs & Tests"
2. Click Create New Subject at the bottom of the screen.
3. Customize the Subject Tab with desired options* then click “SAVE”. A description of each "Publish" option is listed below the image:
For districts with teacher accounts only:
For districts with teacher and specialist accounts:
Publish to Teachers:
- All District and School Teachers: Allows all teachers within the the district to view the subject tab, regardless of which school they are at.
- Teachers by School
- Allow you to select a school or multiple schools to publish the tab to
- Only the teachers at the selected school(s) will see the subject tab
- All teachers within the selected school(s) will see the subject tab; individual teachers cannot be excluded
- None: No teachers will be able to view the subject tab, regardless of which school they are at.
Publish to Specialists:
- All District and School Specialists: Allows all specialists within the district to view the subject tab, regardless of whether they are at the district or school level.
- District Specialists: Allows you to select one or multiple district specialists to view the subject tab. If this is selected, only the district level specialists will see the subject tab; school specialists will be excluded.
- School Specialists: Allows you to select one or multiple schools where specialists to view the subject tab. If this is selected only the school level specialists will see the subject tab; district specialists will be excluded.
- None: No specialists will be able to view the subject tab, regardless of whether they are district or school specialists
Off: The tab is not published
Indefinitely: Will stay published until turned off
School Year: Will stay published until the end of the Global School Year
Marking Period: Ability to publish for a single marking period or multiple
Custom Date Range: Publish for a desired range
4. Click the “+” sign to the left of Add Test:
5. Search for tests by searching in the “Enter test name or author” field or use the drop down arrow to Filter by Test Type and/or Content Area.
6. Check the box to the left of the tests that you want to be in the subject tab, and then click “DONE”.
7. After adding the tests to the subject tab, the “My Subjects and Tests” screen will display.
Click the Eye Icon to hide the subject tab. The subject tab can only be hidden if it is not published.
Click the Pencil Icon to make any further changes to the subject tab settings.
Click the Trash Can to delete the subject tab.
To ensure teachers see the purple District Managed Subject Tab on their Data Screen:
- Be sure they have students in their Class List
- Be sure the students in their Class List have the same grade level as you selected for the subject tab (see #3 above)
- Be sure the Subject Tab is published (see #3 above)
Creating District Managed Subject Tabs from Test Explorer
1. Click Test Explorer at the top of the Home Screen.
2. Click “Manage Tabs & Tests” on the right side, under the “Subjects & Tests”.
3. Follow steps 2-8 under Creating District Managed Subject Tabs from the Data Screen above.