How do I make tabs that will appear on the Home Page of everyone in my school or district?
***NOTE: This cannot be done in a teacher's account.
1. Log in to the District or School Admin Account. Go to the Test Explorer.
2. Click on Organize Subjects at the top.
3. Click the New Subject button at the bottom.
4. Type the name you would like for the tab.
FYI: Typically districts will name a tab like this: "CCSD K - 1st Tri LA". This would be for Cherry Creek School District, Kindergarten teachers, for the 1st trimester, for Language Arts. It is up to you!
You can click Save now. Or you can finish the other three areas to edit for the tab. These three things you can do now or you can do after adding tests. The first is to publish the tab so it is visible to teachers. If you would like them to see it immediately, you can check the box next to Is Published.
The second thing is to add the grade levels in which you want the tabs to appear. If you only want the tab visible for K teachers, click in the box and select Kindergarten. If you want it also visible for 1st grade teachers, click in the box again and select that grade level as well. Please note: the tab will only be visible to teachers when there is a student added to the class list that is in the selected grade levels.
The third is to decide about the test type. By default, Force Test Type will be selected and Test Incorrect Only will be chosen. You can change that to force Retest All by clicking on the circle next to that option. You can also de-select Force Test Type and let the teachers choose.
Note: Allowing the teachers to be able to choose between Test Incorrect and Retest All may skew your school-wide and district-wide data.
5. Click Save.
6. Click Add a Test.
7. Find tests to add using the filtering tools at the top. Drag and drop tests from the bottom left to your tab on the right.
8. If you did not publish the tab, select grade levels, or decide on the testing type, hover over the tab, click edit, and change those fields now.
9. After you have published it, this new tab will appear as a purple tab on the teachers’ Home Page.
If your purple tabs are not showing up in a teacher's account, it is possible that:
a. No students are added to the teacher's class list.
b. The students added to the teachers class list are not in the
same grade level(s) as indicated.