ESGI has over 1000+ pre-loaded tests available, but also allows the flexibility to customize the available tests or create new tests specific to your school or district.
Simple tests that have lists (sight words, numbers, letters, etc.) can easily be created by copying the items from a document and pasting them into the ESGI test. Please see the Auto Test Creator Support Page for more information.
A Single Score Test can be created that allows a single question test to be created with a total number of points required and the student's score to be entered on one question. This is useful when entering reading levels, counting words correct in a reading passage, recording the highest number counted to and assessing words read per minute. Below is a quick two-minute video that shows step-by-step how to create and test using Single Score:
New tests and/or tests with images and be created by following the steps below:
1. Click Test Explorer at the top of the Home Screen.
2. Click the Create New Test button.
3. Choose the Test Type by clicking on the radio button: Yes/No or Single Score.
* Yes/No will be a test with multiple questions
* Single Score will be a test with one question and multiple points:
4. Enter a Test Name and if Single Score is selected, enter the Total Possible points. These are the only required fields. See the optional field descriptions before for explanations. When completed, click SAVE:
Test Name – Enter a name for the test. This is a required field.
Total Possible – Enter the total number of points. This is a required field if Single Score is selected.
Test Description – Enter a brief description of the test
State Standard – Enter a State Standard that aligns with the test. Kindergarten and 1st Grade State Standards for all states are available in ESGI. Entering a State Standard in the Test Details area will not display on any reports.
Content Area – Select a content from the drop down list (Language Arts, Math, Spanish, Science, Social Studies/Humanities, The Arts, Technology or Generic).
Test Color – The test color that will display on the Home Screen.
Test ID – Typically this field is used by District Admins to include in a file exported from ESGI and then imported into another third party application like the School Information System (SIS).
Suggested Grade Levels – Enter the Grade Level(s) that the test is intended.
Share with District – Check this box so that teachers within your district can find the test in Test Explorer for use in their individual teacher account.
4. Click Add Question.
5. Enter the test question information. Click Save if there is only one question (Single Score) or Save and Add Another if adding another question:
Refer to the screenshot below for an explanation regarding each field.
*The Question Name will also appear as the answer to the question on the Parent Letter under the "Correct" and "Incorrect" headings. When the answer is the sight word, the letter, the sound, etc., the Parent Letter is easy to understand. If the Question Name is the question itself (i.e., 2+7 or "What word is this"), then it will be difficult for the parent to understand:
6. Select the Subject Tab(s) that the test will appear on the Home Screen (sample with multiple questions below):
Sample with one question (Single Score) below:
7. Click Save and the test is ready to be used.