When editing a test that has been shared and/or already given to a student, the data could be altered:
- If you add or remove questions, the percentage correct will change.
- If you edit a question that changes what is asked, the data will no longer reflect the student's answers.
- If you edit a question and only change a picture (the question asks "what color is this" and you change the picture from a frog to a leaf), the data remains intact.
To edit or modify an existing test, you must be the test author! Below the video are step-by-step instructions.
Edit/Modify a Test video:
Find the test to edit:
- Log in and click the Test Explorer button.
- Locate the test by:
- using the Search field at the top to search by keyword or author name
- using the "My Tests" filter on the left side
- using the "My Drafts" filter on the left side (these are tests you started to create, but did not save)
- Click on the test name.
At this point you can:
- Edit an existing question by clicking the 3 dots and then clicking on the Edit option:
- Delete a question by clicking the 3 dots and then clicking on the Delete option:
- Choose a Thumbnail for the test by clicking the 3 dots and then clicking on the Set as Thumbnail option:
- Add a new question by clicking on the Add Question button.
- Change the background from black (default) to white). Note that any questions with a white font will display light gray. Click the three dots next to each question to edit the font color:
Select any color then Save and Close:
- Reorder the questions by dragging and dropping the question into the desired order.
- Randomize the test questions by clicking on the Randomize button.
- Edit the test details using the fields on the left. Description is a required field.
9. For a Single Score test, edit the Test Name, Total Possible, Description, Content Area, Grade, State Standard, Share with District and Subject Tab(s):