Data can be exported from a District Admin Account to a CSV file, which can be reformatted and uploaded to any Student Information System (SIS). When using the exporting functionality of ESGI, district managed subject tabs (purple tabs) must be created with tests that teachers used. Please see the Managed Subject Tabs Support Page for details. Step-by-step instructions for exporting the data are below:
1. Click the Menu Button in the upper left corner of the Home Screen.
2. Click Settings.
3. To the right of EXPORT, click on “Export Test Data”.
4. The data export can be a one-time manual export or scheduled as a recurring export.
5. For the one-time manual export, click the “Manual” Tab. Search for the tests to include. Click on each box on the right side of each test to add them individually. Click on the last box in the header row to select all tests. The tests will display in the "Settings for Export" area on the bottom of the page.
6. Using the “Export Type” drop down menu, select “Export - Basic”, “Export w/ Answers”, or “Export w/ Questions”. Please see this page for the fields included in each option.
Using the "Export As Of Date" drop down menu, select the desired date: Today, Marking Period Date or Custom Dates.
7. Districts that have integrated ESGI with Clever and import rosters can include the unique Clever ID by selecting the "Import ID" radio button, however it is unlikely these ID's match the SIS ID. "Export ID" allows you to set your SIS ID's against teachers and students. Please ensure Export IDs are set against teacher and student profiles, then select the "Export ID" radio buttons for both Teacher and Student ID Type:
8. Click "Export". When completed, the report will display in the “Report History” area. Click “Download”.
9. To set up a recurring export, click the "Scheduled" tab and click "Add Template".
10. Search for the tests to include. Click on each box on the right side of each test to add them individually. Click on the last box in the header row to select all tests. The tests will display in the "Selected Tests" area on the bottom of the page.
11. Create a “Template Name” and use the drop down menu to select the “Export Type”.
12. Click "Enable Schedule". Select the days, the time, “Send Email” for an email notification when the report is ready, and “Send Report to SFTP” for the file to be sent to the SFTP folder. If “Send Email” and “Send Report to SFTP” are not checked, the report will run, but you will need to log into your account to download it.
13. Fill in the email address and/or fill in the SFTP information.
14. When all tests have been selected and settings have been chosen, click "Create" in the lower right corner. The data export will run on the next date/time scheduled.