ESGI tests are administered to students one-on-one and the student can immediately see whether or not they answered correctly or incorrectly. They can also see when the teacher adds notes during testing.
For those times when a teacher does not want the student to see his or her screen, a "student screen" may be used. This feature requires two separate devices in the classroom. It can also be used remotely with video conferencing software such as Zoom and Google Meet. Please be sure to use the recommended browsers on these devices to ensure a trouble-free testing.
Step-by-step instructions are provided below the video:
- On the device that will be used by the student, go to www.esgiss.com
- The "ESGI's Student Screen" will appear.
- On the device that will be used by the teacher, go to www.esgisoftware.com and log in with the teacher username and password.
- There are two ways to access the Student Screen Feature in the teacher's account:
Option 1: Click the "Launch Student Screen" icon on the right side of the Home Screen in the Subject Tab & Tests section.
Option 2: Click the "Menu" button at the top and choose “Settings” from the drop down list.
- Under "Session Information", click "Get Code".
A unique four-digit code will appear:
- Copy the four-digit code and paste it in the "Enter Session Code" field on the student's device. You will have five minutes to do this, but can easily click to get another code if time runs out.
- Give the student the device.
- On the teacher's device, click on the student's name in the class list, then "Test" on the desired subject tab and test.
- The student will see only the test question and will not see whether the answer was correct or incorrect. The student will not see any test notes added during testing.
- When the test is finished, the student will see the pie chart with the Test Session Results.
- Testing another student can continue with the same code. When testing remotely, a new code is needed for each student.