Student rosters can be uploaded into ESGI using an .xlsx or .csv file, using our provided template or your own!
- This feature is available to teachers only, but not available to teachers that have their rosters automatically imported into ESGI.
- Students that have previously been tested in ESGI will need to be added using Student Manager.
- Specialists are able to add students using Student Manager or the + icon if the student has never been tested in ESGI.
- Files can be uploaded from the Home Screen (step 1, then step 3-8) or Student Manager (step 2-8).
1. From your home screen, click the + sign next to All Students.
If students have not yet been added to your class list, the Add Student(s) pop up window will appear. Click 'Upload Roster', then skip to step 3:
2. From Student Manager, click the + next to Students then 'Upload file':
3. It is highly recommended to download the template, but if you have a file with the required fields, then click Upload Roster and skip to step 5:
4. The template will download. Click Enable Editing to begin:
- Student First Name
- Student Last Name
For PreK, enter PK
For Kindergarten, enter K
For Transitional Kindergarten, enter TK
- Student ID - if not included, the field will remain blank
- Language - will default to 'English'
- Gender - will default to ‘Prefer not to say’
5. Enter your student information on the template, save the file as xlsx or csv, then click 'Upload Roster':
6. If any required information is missing, a pop up with display:
7. Correct the file. When complete, the 'File Upload is Complete' message will pop up and your students will be listed under 'All Students' (your class list):
8. Click 'Got It' and you're ready to test students!