Student rosters can be uploaded into ESGI using an .xlsx or .csv file, using our provided template or your own! Students that have previously been tested in ESGI will still need to be added using Student Manager.
Files can be uploaded from the Home Screen (step 1, then step 3-8) or
Student Manager (step 2-8).
1. From your home screen, click the + sign next to All Students.
If students have not yet been added to your class list, the Add Student(s) pop up window will appear. Click 'Upload Roster', then skip to step 3:
2. From Student Manager, click the + next to Students then 'Upload file':
3. It is highly recommended to download the template, but if you have a file with the required fields, then click Upload Roster and skip to step 5:
4. The template will download. Click Enable Editing to begin:
- Student First Name
- Student Last Name
- Student ID - if not included, the field will remain blank
- Language - will default to 'English'
- Gender - will default to ‘Prefer not to say’
5. Enter your student information on the template, save the file as xlsx or csv, then click 'Upload Roster':
6. If any required information is missing, a pop up with display:
7. Correct the file. When complete, the 'File Upload is Complete' message will pop up and your students will be listed under 'All Students' (your class list):
8. Click 'Got It' and you're ready to test students!