- Determine whether student(s) would benefit from Student Self-Assess testing. If not, disable it in your account setting:
Click Student Testing Options
then slide the Self-Assess Administration bar to the left to disable:
- Choose a device not needed by the teacher while the student assesses.
- If using an iPad, please be sure it is in the horizontal/landscape position.
- Practice tests are available and students should be encouraged to take them as many times as necessary.
- Supervise the first few self-assess test sessions until the student is comfortable.
- Encourage students to listen to the question audio before submitting answers. To avoid distracting other students, headphones might be helpful.
- Teachers can log into their account on multiple devices to configure the self-assess tests for each student.
1. Self-Assess tests can be found and added to a subject tab in two ways:
- In Test Explorer, click "Self Assess" and then Add Test.
Add the test to an existing subject tab or create a new one:
- Or from the Home Screen, click the + Add Test, then Self Assess from the drop down filter on the popup window
Filter By Self Assess, select a content area (if desired) and select a Subject Tab from the drop down (or create a new one). Tests with a check mark will be added to that Subject Tab:
Self Assess tests are identified with a student in a circle icon and can be previewed first
as "Teacher one-on-one" where the teacher reads the question and records the student's answer
or as "Student self-assess" to listen to the question and answer audio:
2. The test session can be initiated by one of two ways:
- By selecting a student, clicking on the Test button
and selecting Student Self Assess on the pop up:
- Or by clicking Student Self-Assess under Subject Tabs & Testing on the right side:
3. If a student has never taken a Self-Assess test, a Practice Test will automatically be made available in the first test slot. The Practice Test contains 6 questions that will familiarize students with the buttons and question types they will see in Self-Assess tests (multiple choice, etc.) The Practice Test can be taken as many times as needed, does not record any scores and is not included in any reporting.
A Practice Test can be added to any suite of tests for any student by clicking the "Add Practice Test" button. The Practice Test can be removed by clicking the X on the test card.
A total of three tests can be selected (Practice Test plus two Self-Assess or a three Self-Assess tests).
Click the blank Add Test card to find and add another Self-Assess test:
4. Click Start Session and hand the device to the student.
5. Clicking the green arrow will start the test session. Once each test is completed, the student will return to the landing page:
The main screen components of the Self-Assess tests are:
1. Test directions (audio)
2. Multiple choice selectors. Answers that have audio will have a blue speaker button; not all answers have audio.
3. Back button
4. After student selects the answer, the forward arrow will become green.
Once all tests are completed, the Success page will display. The student should hand the device back to the teacher to "X" out of the screen and return to the Home Screen. See Homepage Lock Setting below to require a 4-digit pin before exiting to the home screen:
Homepage Lock Setting
1. Go to your Account Setting, select Student Testing Options and slide the bar to the right next to Lock Homepage:
2. Enter a four digit PIN and confirm, then SAVE.
3. The PIN is required to exit and go back to the Home Screen: