There are two options for using rubrics. You can create your own rubric test or choose one of four pre-loaded rubrics templates (Reading, Oral Language, Writing, or Math). These pre-loaded templates will auto-populate the criteria and levels used to evaluate a student.
The test screen will display the full rubric. You will select performance by clicking on the description for the criteria and level. Notes can be added in each section and summary notes can be added as well. The score for the rubric is the sum of all selections.
Creating Your Own Rubric:
- To create your own rubric test, select rubrics on the Create New Test pop-up.
- You will then be prompted to add criteria to your rubric.
- Next, you will add levels of proficiency. These can be either numerical or text.
- You will be prompted to add a description.
- After a description is added, you will have the option to add additional details that may be referenced during the assessment. These details do not display on the official rubric, only the test screen if accessed.
- Finally, you will complete the process by setting the name, description, and other details for the rubric.
Using a Rubric Template:
- Choose one of our four pre-loaded rubrics templates (Reading, Oral Language, Writing, or Math). These pre-loaded templates will auto-populate the criteria and levels used to evaluate a student.
- Fill in the description for each criterial and level.
- You can then preview and save your rubric.
Test Session Summary:
Results are displayed in a chart format. Flashcards are not an option for rubrics. The Export Rubric button will export the Test Session Details in a PDF.
Report (Rubric Results):
This report will display:
- Performance Levels: hovering over each item will display test for text-based levels
- All Students: in the selected class or group
- Scores: the scores each student received for each criteria, text-based levels will display when hovering over the score value.
- Total Score: for the rubric
The View Chart button will launch the student view of rubric results. The user can view:
- Students: The individual student or all students.
- Score: will display in table format
- Bar Graph: a representation of each criteria and its level will populate.
- Notes and summary notes can be enabled and displayed at the bottom of the report. This report can be exported as a PDF.